PADI Travel is the Booking.com of Scuba Diving.
PADI Travel's mission is to inspire divers to explore more of the underwater world and take care of our oceans. We enable divers to easily and conveniently research, compare and book dive vacations anywhere in the world. Catering to groups and individual travelers alike, PADI Travel combines the best of online booking with concierge-level travel consultancy.
At PADI Travel, we also care deeply about sustainability. Our Eco Travel trips offer divers the opportunity to enjoy life-changing dive vacations, which have a real impact on the conservation of our oceans.
PADI Travel was founded 5 years ago as Diviac, an independent startup based in Switzerland, but is now part of PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors®), the world’s largest recreational diver training organization with nearly 6,500 dive centers and resorts and more than 135,000 professional members worldwide. PADI is headquartered in California and has regional hubs across the world.
PADI Travel is looking for an outstanding expert with passion for consumer web products. As Product Manager you will work closely with engineering and the founder who currently runs product, as well as with team members in sales, marketing and content.
If you love broad roles, energizing challenges and the opportunity to have a true impact, this position is for you. You will have a chance to design and launch new products, both mobile and web based, as well as take our existing portfolio to the next level.
You will be a critical member of our team and a key contributor to us reaching our ambitious goals.
- Develop a forward-looking product strategy
- Build, drive and manage the product roadmap
- Translate product vision into user mockups, stories and tasks (we use Jira)
- Define best technical implementation of use cases together with the engineering team
- Prioritize tasks based on the product strategy & roadmap
- Track product development
- Conduct thorough research with customers to learn and determine what to build depending on their needs
- Conduct market research to determine what the best-in-class players in relevant industries have/will implemented
- 3 years of experience working with software engineering teams with at least 1 year of hands-on product management experience
- Hands-on experience building cool web products and apps
- Demonstrated ability to build a compelling product vision
- A strong track record of project delivery for cross-functional projects
- Experience working with remote team members around the globe
- Experience using A/B testing, data and metrics to test assumptions and drive results
- Experience with a travel related online business would be a plus
- Startup experience would also be a plus
Qualifications / skills
- Education: you have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification in business administration, computer science, design or UX.
- Operational skills: you know how to balance getting things done fast vs. building the perfect solution.
- Design/UI/UX: you are obsessed with great UX that converts! You can translate your vision in mockups that our Front-End developers can work with (we don’t use any designers). Proficiency with Photoshop or some mockup tools is a plus.
- Marketing: you have a good understanding of online marketing and SEO.
- Technology: you have very good understanding of Front-End development, HTML, CSS. You have some understanding of how Back-End development works.
- Communication skills: you have a proven capacity to build strong interpersonal relationships that foster trust, open dialogue, and full transparency. You are fluent in English.
- Attitude: you are outgoing, positive person and have a go-getter attitude. You embrace change, constantly adapt & innovate, and are able to initiate, support and manage organizational change. Your approach is result-oriented, customer centric, data-driven and analytical.
Managing Director of PADI Travel
Attractive - based on experience
As soon as possible