PADI Travel is the Booking.com of Scuba Diving.
PADI Travel's mission is to inspire divers to explore more of the underwater world and take care of our oceans. We enable divers to easily and conveniently research, compare and book dive vacations anywhere in the world. Catering to groups and individual travelers alike, PADI Travel combines the best of online booking with concierge-level travel consultancy.
At PADI Travel, we also care deeply about sustainability. Our Eco Travel trips offer divers the opportunity to enjoy life-changing dive vacations, which have a real impact on the conservation of our oceans.
PADI Travel was founded 5 years ago as Diviac, an independent startup based in Switzerland, but is now part of PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors®), the world’s largest recreational diver training organization with nearly 6,500 dive centers and resorts and more than 135,000 professional members worldwide. PADI is headquartered in California and has regional hubs across the world.
PADI Travel is looking for a young enthusiastic expert and leader to build up and take ownership of its Finance & Admin organization globally.
If you love broad roles, energizing challenges in a startup-like environment and the opportunity to have a true impact, this position is for you. You will have a chance to implement new systems, define processes from scratch and optimize all aspects of the purchase to pay cycle.
You will be a critical member of our leadership team and a key contributor to us reaching our ambitious bottom-line results.
- Accounting: you are responsible to organize all aspects and activities in the field of accounting, including payroll, treasury, and taxes.
- Strategic controlling: you constantly monitor financials and provide budgets and forecasts. Based on a solid understanding of our business, you define the KPIs to monitor and support the Managing Director and the other management team members on the strategy side.
- Reporting: you prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Cost management: you monitor expenditures and unit economics.
- Project management: always focusing on business impact, scalability and cost optimization, you setup and manage projects to drive improvements in those fields.
- Treasury: you are responsible for intelligent liquidity management and ensure that there are enough funds to reach the envisioned targets.
- Legal / risk management: you are responsible for all local and international insurance contracts, as well as core legal documents.
- HR: Together with the local HR teams you build robust global processes and implement tools for all HR related aspects of PADI Travel
- You have several years of relevant work experience in an international environment, working with local as well as remote team members.
- You are well versed in both Swiss and US GAAP and have strong know-how in tax and transfer pricing, as well as consolidation.
- You have experience with online businesses (ideally travel related) and an in-depth understanding of online payment methods (including alternate methods and potentially even crypto-currencies).
- You have solid negotiation skills and experience dealing with contracts and other legal documents.
- You are an experienced leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to create an atmosphere of trust & respect where your team feels empowered to deliver high performance.
- We are growing fast and are looking for a great individual who strives in a fast paced, fun but often hectic environment.
- Experience leading a small team in a startup environment is preferred.
Qualifications / skills
- Education: you have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification in business administration, finance, or accounting. An MBA or related advanced qualifications is an asset.
- Operational skills: you know how to balance getting things done fast vs. having the right processes, reports and structure that allow us to run smoothly and scale.
- Analytical skills: based on financial modelling and strong analytical skills, you are able to draw conclusions and discuss them in the management team.
- Communication skills: you have a proven capacity to build strong interpersonal relationships that foster trust, open dialogue, and full transparency. You are fluent in English and ideally also German.
- Hands-on: with around 40 FTE’s (and 3 in Finance), PADI Travel is still in its infancy. You must be willing to take on responsibility from day one, and pragmatically support the business in a hands-on manner.
- Project Management & Technology: you have experience in running projects with external vendor, such as setting-up accounting systems and processes, data integration and ideally database management.
- Attitude: you are outgoing, positive person and have a go-getter attitude. You embrace change, constantly adapt & innovate, and are able to initiate, support and manage organizational change. Your approach is result-oriented, customer centric, data-driven and analytical.
Managing director of PADI Travel
Attractive - based on experience
As soon as possible